Water Heater in Peoria IL on the Fritz? Discover a Fix with Reading Plumbing
If you’ve ever jumped into a shower expecting the water to be warm, only to be met with cold, you understand some of the frustrations of a malfunctioning water heater. A water heater that takes a long time to warm up or won’t consistently heat water can be a problem for your household or business. However, with quick repair solutions or complete replacement from Reading & Son Plumbing, we can help you avoid any more surprise cold showers.
Common Problems with Water Heaters
Besides the obvious issue of a water heater not “heating,” there are other problems you might face with a broken water heater. For example:
- Low Flow – Water pressure for your hot water faucets is well below the norm, signaling a potential blockage in your heating unit.
- Dirty Water – If the water coming from your faucets smells foul, looks dirty or tastes of rust, there may be parts of your water heater that require replacing.
- Slow to Heat – If you’re stuck waiting too long for your water to heat up, the heating elements of your water heating might need testing and repair.
- Too Hot – A simple temperature adjustment can often resolve “too hot” water from a water heater.
- Leaks – Not only are water leaks a problem, but gas leaks can be hazardous. If you have reason to believe your water heater is leaking gas, shut off the gas valve and call a plumber ASAP.
- Electrical Issues – Problems such as a tripped circuit breaker or shorted-out thermostat could result in your water heater not functioning.
Types of Water Heaters
There are several kinds of water heaters available to homeowners and businesses alike. And with help from Reading Plumbing, we can find and install the one that works best for you.
- Storage Tank Water Heater – This water heater is the most common and widely used. The system consists of a large insulated tank in which water is heated to reach the preferred temperature. As hot water is used throughout the day, your tank will refill and heat more water. This water heater is easy to install and one of the most affordable options.
- Tankless Water Heater – The tankless water heater is an innovation of recent years, providing hot water on demand. Super-heated coils in your tankless water heater allow water to flow through them, quickly bringing them up to temperature. Tankless works best for properties with significant demand for hot water, and heaters come in gas or electric.
- Condensing Water Heater – If you primarily rely on natural gas, a condensing water heater can take advantage of unused gas fumes to heat your water. It’s similar to your conventional water heaters in that water is stored in a large tank. However, instead of heating coils warming water, exhaust from your natural gas system is funneled through the bottom of your tank, acting as a heat source.
Find Reliable Plumbing Service
Whether looking to fix your current water heater in Peoria IL or wanting to get an upgrade, you can count on Reading & Son Plumbing to provide you with quick and excellent service. Learn more by contacting us today at 309-692-2762. Also, we are located at 7712 N Crestline Dr, Peoria, IL 61615.