Resolve Water Temperature Issues with Water Heater Repair in Peoria IL
Your morning shower can be quite a surprise if only cold water exits your showerhead. As such, if experiencing temperature issues with running water for your home, the problem likely resides in your water heater. Thankfully, finding quick and affordable water heater repair in Peoria IL isn’t tricky. Reading & Son Plumbing can deliver the service you need in a timely manner.
How to Tell When You Need Repair
While some signs are more evident than others, your water heater might need repair without you knowing it. To best know when a repair is necessary, here are some telltale signs to be aware of:
- No Hot Water – The most significant indicator of a malfunctioning water heater is the absence of hot water in your home. After running hot water faucets for a few minutes, if you still find water coming out cold, it’s time to call a professional.
- Less Warm Water – Does your water seem a little less hot lately? Or, perhaps it’s taking longer for your water to reach warmer temperatures. In either case, your water heater may be to blame. In fact, water not warming as fast can be a warning sign of more severe issues with your water heater. It’s essential to address these issues before your water heater completely stops working.
- Water & Gas Leaks – Another precursor to more serious problems can be water leaks from your water heater. Usually, leaks indicate worn pipes or connectors that may need replacing. However, a gas leak is a much more severe issue for gas water heaters and must be handled immediately by a plumbing expert.
- Loud Noises – Ideally, your water heater should be reasonably silent in its operation. However, if you begin to notice loud noises coming from your system, this might lead to further issues. Unusual sounds can be the cause of sediment burning at the bottom of your tank. A plumber will drain your tank and determine if said sediment has caused damage to the tank’s heating element.
- Strange Odors – If you notice strange or foul odors from your hot running water, you could have bacteria growth in your water heater’s tank. Filling your tank with water and hydrogen peroxide can sometimes resolve this problem. However, if foul odors persist, you’ll want to reach out to a plumber for further assistance.
Additional Plumbing Services
Once Reading Plumbing assists you with our water heater repair in Peoria IL, we can offer additional plumbing services for your home or business. For example, we manage repair, installation and maintenance of your pipes and water systems for:
Running hot water is crucial to the function of your home or business. Ensure you’re never without hot water with water heater repair in Peoria IL from the Reading & Son Plumbing team. To learn more about our services, contact us today at 309-692-2762. Also, we are located at 7712 N Crestline Dr, Peoria, IL 61615.